The park is super well maintained with excellent facilities and amenities that look brand new and kept spotlessly clean.
The kids playground is in excellent condition. This is a child’s paradise with jumping pillow, playground, pools, mini golf and indoor play area, grassy paths, sandy lakefront for them to expel all their energy.
Ballina is a real surprise package for families interested in water-based play and great family fun. There are surf beaches and riverfront playgrounds (even covered for when it rains) sprawled throughout Ballina. You can cycle all along the waterfront and into town – it’s nice and flat!
Once you have explored all that the town has to offer, take a short 10 min drive to Lennox Heads headland to capture the beauty of the local northern NSW coastline.
The park, in details
Date of stay
- 15-22 May 2014
Will we return?
- Yes – if we can! It is a fantastic, clean and kid-friendly park
- East of Ballina, about 5min car ride to the centre of town. Bike pathway all the way to town.
- Right by a tidal ‘lake’ and between the river and the beach. Makes for wonderful sunsets!
- Shower/Toilet and Facilities: 2 clean and amenities blocks with really great showers
- Laundry: top loaders and dryers. $4 a load
- Van size: all sites seem to accommodate large vans.
- Shade: trees
- Children: perfect and safe for children. The park has jumping pillow, kids pools, great play area, huge indoor play area with a lot of good quality toys
- Pets: certain sites are small dogs friendly.
- Noise: It is a large park and we were there during low season. However, the sites are well spread out around the park. We didn’t experience any disturbance during our stay. On Sunday afternoon you can hear the live band from the pub across the lake but it stops early evening – grab a drink and enjoy!
- Site spacing: heaps of space on the site and between sites
- Openness: excellent, despite having different types of lodges available for rent. Blends nicely.
- Lighting: fine
- Permanents: yes but in a separate, permanents-only area.
- Lake: on site
- Riverfront: 10 min walk
- Beach: 10 min flat stroll to Lighthouse Beach
- Coffee shop/restaurant: Brand new surf lifesaving club with restaurant and coffee shop 10 min walk
- A little far to walk to the centre of town – 5 min car or 10 min bike ride
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Ballina and at Lakeside Holiday Park. Ballina is a little gem of a town in the NSW north coast, make sure you visit when travelling around the country!